PROGRAM OBJECTIVES AND EXPECTED LEARNING OUTCOMES OF AGRIBUSINESS MANAGEMENT (ADVANCED EDUCATION PROGRAM)
5.1. Program Objectives (PO)
The main objective of the program is to educate and supply high quality graduates, as competent managers for agriculture, agribusiness, and the rural and allied sectors. The program caters to the needs of organizations serving both domestic and international entities.
Students graduating from the Agribusiness Management (Advanced Education Program) will:
PO1: Have political quality, business morality, honesty, good motivation, activeness and creativeness;
PO2: Be able to apply creatively the knowledge learned in economics, business management, agriculture and marketing;
PO3: Be qualified to continue to be life-long learners;
PO4: Become business people or leaders in agribusiness organizations after graduation and will accumulate practical experiences.
5.2. Expected Learning Outcomes (ELOs)
At the end of the study program, graduates are able to:
Expected learning outcomes
Apply socio-political and human knowledge in professional activities and life.
Apply knowledge of mathematics, agriculture, economics and management in agribusiness.
Apply principles of organization, management, accounting, marketing and laws in agribusiness.
Evaluate national, regional and international markets and environment of products and services.
Develop business strategies.
Perform effectively as part of a team.
Conduct research on agribusiness.
Demonstrate English capacity required as level B2.
Solve problems in agribusiness.
Make decision in agribusiness management.
Manage an agribusiness.
Be aware of social and environmental effects on agribusiness management.
Possess professional ethics and professional working manner.
Continue self-professional development plan towards lifelong learning.
* Note: the ELOs of the Agribusiness Management program was benchmarked against the agribusiness program of Da Nang University, Vietnam and the agribusiness management program of Newcastle University, England (Appendix 2).
5.3. CAREER PROSPECTS
a) Job opportunities
Bachelors of Agribusiness Management (ABM) can work in the areas and positions related to:
- Specialist in the field of agribusiness;
- Business project manager in the field of agriculture;
- Official manager of an import-export agency focusing on agricultural products;
- Manager of an agribusiness organization;
- International marketing specialist;
- International business management specialist;
- Sales manager in the field of agricultural products;
- Researcher and lecturer in related fields.
- Domestic economic organizations: companies, manufactures, and enterprises in agribusiness management;
- Institutions of training, research, and technology transfer in agribusiness management;
- Enterprises specialized in trade, investment, services, and intellectual property, and its distribution in agriculture, forestry, and fisheries;
- Factories, enterprises, and foreign companies related to business management in general, and to agribusiness management in particular.
b) Post-graduate study opportunities
The Bbachelors graduating from the Agribusiness Management (Advanced Education Program) can continue their study in Graduate programs in business management, agribusiness management and other related fields such as economics, marketing, and agricultural finance, both in Vietnam and abroad.