CHƯƠNG TRÌNH ĐÀO TẠO TRÌNH ĐỘ TIẾN SĨ
NGÀNH DEVELOPMENT ECONOMICS
I. TRAINING OBJECTIVES
1.1. General objective
The program aims to provide students deep knowledge in terms of economics and related issues of development at high level. In addition, it provides independent research skills for the students and works with basic challenges of development economics.
1.2. Specific objectives
- Knowledge: Doctor of development economics is able to fully understand economics and development economics knowledge which belong to one of the following fields: growth, development, sustainable development, theories and models of development; resources and development, socio-economics problems as results of economic development (Poverty and inequality; income distribution, immigration, gender, unemployment, jobs etc.); Institutional and market analysis; Macroeconomics issues; Policy and models of economic development; horizontal and vertical economic development; intellectual property and development
- Ability: After graduating, the Ph.D. candidate is able to successfully instruct Development Economics courses for undergraduate and graduate students; To think about development economics critically and independently; To be able to comprehend, propose and solve problems as well as conduct research on development economics; To become development economics lecturers and researchers. The candidate is also able to manage, consult and implement development programs and projects.
- Skills: the Ph.D. candidate is professionally trained and improved the skills for teaching university students and conducting research. The Ph.D. candidate is able to analyze, recognize and apply the theoretical and practical issues of Economics, Development Economics into teaching, researching and his/her own profession after graduation.
- Attitude: To study and research in a serious and strict manner with passion, independence and creativeness.
- Where to work: Doctor of Development Economics can work for research/training institutes and centers; government agencies, ministries or divisions at central state or local level; enterprises/private sectors; Vietnamese NGOs and international NGOs.
II. PROSPECTIVE STUDENTS AND ADMISSION
2.1. Prospective students
The prospective students are those who earned bachelor degree with distinction or relevant master degree.
2.2.1. The most suitable majors
Development Economics, Agricultural Economic and other courses related to Economics.
2.2.2. Other relevant majors
Group 1: Economic Law, International Law, Politics, International Relations, Sociology, Business Administration, Human Resources Management, Accounting, Financial and Banking, Insurance, Accounting-Auditing, Economic Management, Public Management, Rural Development, Forest Resources Management.
Group 2: Educational Management, Humanities, Sociology and Anthropology, Psychology, Management, Cultural Management, Tourism and Travel Management, Public Policy, Statistics, Information System, Construction Management; Agriculture, Forestry and Aquaculture; Transportation Services Management and Organization; Natural and Environmental Resources Management, Land Management, Social Work.
2.3. Training protocol and requirements for the graduation
Based on the current rules and regulations for Ph.D. training of both the Ministry of Education and Training and the Vietnam National University of Agriculture.